The OEM R53 charge pipe is a big restriction in the intake system of the vehicle. Even vehicles with high performance modifications like big valve heads and upgraded camshafts are restricted by the OEM design, as the restriction lays between the intake and the cylinder head. Engines need air in order to combust fuel, the more air the more fuel can be combusted and ultimate the more power output.
The TPE Charge pipe works exceptionally with highly modified or not vehicles. With vehicles that have an OEM or a throttle body. Works with OEM airbox or any aftermarket.
- Power and torque increase (see dyno graph) are impressive and stay well above the factory curves from launch to redline.
- Power and torque increase happen in the whole RPM range as the whole graph is shifted upwards.
- TPE Precision charge pipe delivers smooth and linear power with increased boost pressure (up to 1 psi) and lower IATs (up to 5 degrees Celsius).
Our charge pipe design is not only larger up to 45% but also utilizes smooth geometry transitions and tighter tolerance in the supercharger inlet. This superior design delivers greater volume of air, improved laminar air flow and increased air velocity. These improvements deliver 6.5 whp and 3 wtq (Ft-Lb) in the whole RPM range.
This optimized shape and thickness can not be achieved with conventional round tube or cast techniques. That’s why the charge pipe is 3D printed from CARBON-reinforced-Nylon. This material is used in the industry mainly for JIGs and fixtures, where high mechanical properties needed. CARBON reinforced NYLON is resistant to fuel and oil and has working temperature of 140 degrees Celsius.
As with any performance upgrades TPE Precision charge pipe capabilities can be fully utilized with a re-tune, as AFR is going to be on the lean side after installation. Installation of the charge pipe is highly recommended to be performed by qualified BMW-MINI technicians.
The R53 charge pipe kit is a direct bolt-on engine upgrade that requires no modifications. It comes with all the required hardware necessary to complete the installation. OEM TEAL intake gasket not included. Must use your own one.
- R52-S MINI Cooper S Convertible: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- R53-S MINI Cooper S Hatchback: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006